LUVS AND I WANT TO GIVE TWO LUCKY READERS
ALL THE THINGS PLUS A $50 AMEX GIFT CARD.
BUT READ THIS FIRST.
Where are you now? In your kitchen? Look around, are there grass clippings on the floor even though your swept 5 minutes ago? Have three children dirtied 23 cups and glasses today? Is half the neighborhood in your living room or backyard?
When summer hits, it's no longer you and the baby waving bye-bye to big sissy. Remember that? It was only a few short weeks ago that you'd bundle off your older children and you and the baby would head to Target to unwind. Now, not only is your house crawling with short people, you can't afford a Target run.
Summer the time of year when the kiddos come home to roost, and it's the time of year when you may as well set your money on fire using a magnifying glass and the unrelenting rays of the sun.
For three seasons out of the year, you have a typical family budget. You spend on groceries and crayons and 27 pairs of gloves and new shoes for that one kid of yours with the abnormally fast-growing feet. But the summer budget is bananas. Not a euphemism, bananas are an actual purchase category along with watermelon and sweet corn and the other fruits and veggies that are in season.
Other line items in the summer family budget are:
- Theme park admissions
- Camp registrations
- Vacation debt
- Items you need to buy on vacation that you forgot back at home
- Ice cream and popsicle allotment
- Flip flop blowout replacement costs
- Sunblock expenses
- Sunblock restocking fees
- Aloe expense
- Pool toy expenditure
- Weekly swim goggle replacement costs
- Swim diaper fund
- Snack inflation investment
- Craft origination fees
- Rash cream fund
- Slushie fund
- Impulse buys
- Souvenir savings
By the time the end of August is here, you'll be seriously considering a second mortgage just so you can buy school supplies.
Unless you you've been smart enough to put your baby in Luvs. Not only because Luvs* keep a baby dry (with large stretch tabs, ultra-leakage protection, and a money-back guarantee), but they do it for less cash than other brands. And you need that cash to buy the baby sun hats that she'll keep ripping off and tossing in the pool while you stand there pushing her around in an inflatable floating unicorn.
The first point is summer is expensive, but your diapers don't have to be. Not only are Luvs affordable when they aren't on sale, this coupon for $2 off via Coupons.com and this Ibotta rebate (download the app on iOS or Android and search for Luvs to unlock the rebate) for $3 off any box of Luvs that's 54-count or larger, make them an even better deal. Now you have money leftover to spend on new beach towels, which you need because last year's towels smell funny.
The second point is that Luvs wants to help our with some of those summer budget line items by giving away ALL THIS COOL STUFF. Two people who enter this giveaway will win:
- 1 Rachael Ray Jumbo Chill Out Thermal Tote, Green (for grocery shopping, the beach, picnics, etc.)
- Set of 4 Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Slim Lunch Ice Packs (to go with the thermal)
- 1 Coupon Binder (to store your Luvs and other money-saving coupons!)
- 1 Extra Large Water-Resistant Picnic & Outdoor Blanket Mat (for picnics, games, beach this summer)
- 2 Nalgene On The Fly BPA-free Re-useable Water Bottles (for mom and dad to stay hydrated)
- 2 Nalgene Grip-N-Gulp BPA-Free Re-useable Water Bottles (because kids LOVE having their own water bottles)
- 1 Pack of Luvs Diapers
- $50 AMEX GC
So go save here and here or here. Go enter the giveaway via the Rafflecopter down there. And go take your summer cash flow back.